We would always recommend a legal representative to deal with the purchase of the property. The lawyer would do all the check ups on the property, make sure all the paperwork is in place and all the bills been up to date with the payment. The lawyer will take of the all the papers been transferred into your name, like water, electric, Suma / IBI, community fees ect.. The legal representative will do the yearly non-resident or resident tax for you.